I am attending a seminar series on FAS and I just had to share some quotes given to us from one of our speakers, Linda Walinski, a mother of fas children.
_ We do the best we can one day at a time; get a good nights sleep and try again tomorrow.
_ Children need to live in imperfect families so they can learn the skills they'll need to live in an imperfect world.
I was really amazed at those 2 quotes and also learned a ton of info from her and the other speakers. I have 3 more weeks of the seminar and i cannot wait till next week.
The other great thing about these seminars are the other families that are going through the same challenges that I am.
Another cool side note, I was at my chiropractor the other day and he is an adoptive dad of 3 kids, one with FAS, and was very interested in helping with getting a support group going for dads. Any other dads out there in the twin cities area that would like to be part of a support group, please leave a comment and I will get back to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Please contact Prevent Child Abuse Minnesota; we have support groups for parents called Circle of Parents and you may be able to get a group going for parents dealing with FAS. You can get more information on the web site, which is www.pcamn.org. Good luck!
ReplyDelete