My wife is a saint, she has been doing homework with DD from the time we got home from church today till , oh wait she is still at it. DD had the flu last week and was out of school for 3 days, so they are busy trying to catch up. DD is working really hard, but as you all know, with FAS it takes a very long time to get the work done. DD has a lot of writing assignments this year, which are extremely hard for her to organize her thoughts to put them in paragraphs and the to make it into a story.
I remember when I was in school, papers were very hard for me also. Heather is extremely patient with her and that is why she is considered a saint in my book.
I am feeling pretty guilty, so I made lunch and dinner, we had turkey burgers for lunch, everyone loved them, and I put a vegetable beef soup together in the crock pot, and Heather made some bread in the bread machine. We both wondered why we do not use the bread machine more often, it is so darn easy.
I am hoping that after DD gets caught up with her back assignments that next weekend will be a little lighter load.
Okay a little funny story about me and my impulse issues, I was cleaning the garage this weekend and I have a bunch of things up in the rafters that have been there for years and that I forgot, so i brought everything down. I found 14 snow shovels up there, every spring I would put the 1 or 2 shovels up there and forget about them and then the next snow season, my brain would not register that I have shovels at home and I would buy 1 or 2 shovels when I was at the store. anybody need a shovel?
I was alot worse, before I got married Heather was helping me clean out my house in Wisconsin and she found about 10 things of chili powder, because everytime I wanted to make chili i would go out and buy all the ingredients for it not thinking about what i had at home, Heather wanted me to also mention the potatoes in the kitchen that had sprouts growing through the cabinets. She and my mom would have some funny stories to tell about cleaning out my house, I lived there for 5 years and I had lots of stuff. I am so thankful that I have a wife that helps me keep my impulse buying to a minimum. Now I just have to remember Do not buy any shovels for this winter, I have a snowblower and 14 shovels, I do not need any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, you can organize a snow shovel brigade in your neighborhood this winter! Get 14 neighborhood kids to volunteer to scoop the driveways of the elderly and send them out like a little army!
ReplyDeleteI love that you can laugh about these things! Thanks for giving me a little laugh, too! :-)
~Kari